Hello Web Developer extraordinaire!
We’ve been looking for you!
We have a fantastic opportunity for a local web developer to join our passionate and creative team at Evolution Design Agency!
We provide Websites, API’s, Digital Marketing, Graphic Design and Branding to a client base of over 400+ clients nationally (and growing).
We are a small team of five, each with a unique set of skills who collaboratively provide something outstanding… we are just missing one important piece YOU!
We are looking for a full stack developer to join the team and in the future, lead our small web development team. If this sounds like an agency you would fit into well and love to be a part of, please read on…
We are seeking a highly skilled mid-level to senior, experienced WordPress/PHP/MySQL developer for a full-time position of employment in our Geelong office.
Your place in our team:
- You will begin as a member of our small web development team with the hope that you will be responsible for leading the web development team in the future.
- Assist in and contribute to the project scopes, requirements and quoting of all development projects
- Be encouraged to act as, or be part of client liaison process during:
- Initial meetings for complex projects to determine requirements of a clients scope of work
- throughout the ‘development lifetime’ of a project, particularly during stages/after development link is supplied of a website to answer questions regarding site functionality and potential changes
- Determine whether changes can be made inside scope, and if not, the extra time associated with completing requested changes
- A passion for developing elegant, cutting-edge WordPress themes, from supplied Adobe XD and/or Illustrator files.
- Research and contribute new trends or innovative ideas in the design stages of a website
- Collaborate with our design team to present new exciting ideas to contribute to the functionality and user experience of projects
- Be involved in and contribute to the design phase of a website to ensure thorough understanding of designer’s intentions
- Identify and suggest solutions to potential challenges of a website during design phase
- Understand the clients’ customer’s needs from a user experience view point of view and incorporate good UX practice into websites, ie. well-functioning mobile version of the site
- Learn to use Monday.com efficiently to keep everyone updated on progress, project status and questions regarding each project
- As part of handover, the design is supplied in either a layered AI or XD with a range of supporting documents:
- handover– including font style and size, colour breakdown and suggested spacing between elements;
- developer checklist– detailing the website functionality inclusions from scope;
- functionality document– outlining the intended features of the design including interactive elements and special features;
- detailed mobile design
- You will be expected to use email templates, set up to present a consistent brand voice for presenting information and projects to clients
- We value your voice and provide the opportunity to each team member to contribute to regular blog/mail chimp updates with relevant topics
- A solid understanding of WordPress best practices coding standards and guidelines and be able to highlight this WordPress experience on your resume and provide examples of your best work.
- Experience building responsive custom themes; loops; fields; post-types; taxonomies; advanced/customised search; and functions are all required skills.
- If you will have a keen interest and experience building API’s this will be a bonus and chance for you to stretch yourself
- As a successful candidate your position will consist of everything from complete website development to small maintenance projects, product catalogue websites and e-commerce. Plug-in research and customisation will be significant part of your job.
Full Time 38 hours per week. 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
Generously based on experience and level of skill.
We are a collaborative team therefore you will be required to work from our office in Geelong.
There may be times when the Government directive is to work from home (e.g. COVID-19), this will only be required in these circumstances.
This position is not available to a ‘virtual’ candidate who does not reside in the local region as you WILL be required to attend team meetings, workshops and meet face-to-face with clients on occasion (not via zoom, skype or similar).
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience with from scratch WordPress theme development (plugin development experience, and Agency experience are both a big plus!)
- Illustrator and Adobe XD to HTML
- Illustrator and Adobe XD to WordPress theme development.
- Experience building responsive custom themes;
- Experience building custom loops;
- Experience building custom WordPress fields;
- Experience building custom WordPress post-types; taxonomies;
- Experience building custom WordPress advanced/customised search;
- Experience building custom WordPress functions.
- PHP development
- MySQL experience
- Experience using SASS, GitHub, Bitbucket
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities or experience.
The successful candidate will be someone who:
- Takes pride in building well-designed, user-friendly websites and applications
- Has a willingness to think ‘outside the box’ and offer new ideas and solutions
- Appreciates the value of communication in a team environment
- Eagerly applies and contributes to the development and improvements of systems and procedures
- Is both happy to contribute to team discussions while also confident working autonomously
- Appreciates the value and importance of project management systems in a team environment
- Has an ability (and desire) to “dive in” to unfamiliar systems and learn on the fly
- Enjoys and has a willingness to research (and customise) plugins
- Understands the importance of and abides by the WordPress best practices coding standards and guidelines
- Ability and willingness to work as a team using a unified/documented development and coding style
- Awarded Top 2 Marketing Agency in the region!
- Every birthday as a paid day off (or one long weekend a year)
- Brand new office location in Geelong
- Recognition of your contributions to the team’s successes
- Open floor to contribute ideas to company improvements
- True work/life balance
- Financial rewards for KPI’s to keep you shooting for the stars!
- On-site coffee machine & snacks
- Regular all expenses paid work lunches
- Be part of a creative, passionate team of collaborators where you’re truly valued.
- We’re an accepting team of creative, collaborative geeks 😉